A Microsoft Outlook PST can lose e-mails merely by file compression. Further, PST is itself limited to its size value and returns file corruption if the file size is crossed. Also, e-mail scanning by an antivirus software can cause the PST to become inaccessible and unreadable. Such events, in the absence of backup, necessitate you to Repair PST File.Most of the Outlook problems are noticed at the time when you start the application. For example, when you try to launch Microsoft Outlook 2007, you may encounter the below error message:
“Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.”
After the error message is received, you can neither start MS Outlook 2007 nor open the default profile. The error persists even if you reinstall the application.
Possible reasons for the above error to occur are:
· Outlook navigation pane is problematic
· Outlook profile is damaged
· Outlook PST is corrupted
You can fix the depicted issue:
· Reset the navigation pane. To do so, open the ‘Start’ menu, and click ‘Run’. Next, type ‘Outlook.exe /resetnavpane’. Restart Outlook and see if the problem goes away. If not, try the next step.
· Delete the corrupted Outlook profile and create a new one with all the previous accounts and settings. Next, attach the old Outlook data file (PST) to this newly created profile.
· In case, MS Outlook 2007 still cannot be opened and the error pops up again, the PST might be damaged. You need to repair the corrupted PST by running Outlook Inbox Repair Tool (Scanpst.exe). The file is located at the following location for Outlook 2007:
:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
In case, the tool fails to repair the corrupted PST, you need a third-party Outlook Repair 2007 utility. Built with advanced and safe techniques to scan the corrupted PST, these utilities Repair PST File in any instance of corruption.
Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair is a reliable utility designed to repair corrupted PST of MS Outlook 2007, 2003, 2002, and 2000. This Outlook Repair 2007 tool can restore all e-mails, notes, calendars, contacts, etc. into another PST, keeping the original PST intact. The tool is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, and 2000.